1. Keep all layers seperate. The backing should be at least 3" larger and the batting 2" larger on all sides.
Minky or Plush backing needs to be 4" larger on all sides then quilt top.
(Note: You can keep oversized fabric backing and batting in one piece to be trimmed after)
2. Both top and backing should be carefully pressed and all loose threads should be clipped. Keep in mind loose threads can show through lighter fabrics.
3. If you have pieced borders, please stabalize the edges by stitching 1/8" from the edge. This will ensure that the pieced seams do not pull apart during quilting.
4. You are welcome to bring your own new batting. We have 100% unbleached cotton, 100% bleached cotton, 80/20 cotton/poly, 100% polyester, and 50/50 cotton/bamboo. Prices range from $10 -$15 meter. I do not pre-wash batting. There will be a 5% shrinkage on the 100% cotton, which will give you the antique look once washed. If you would like to avoid this you must pre-treat your batting. Some battings with dark flecks in them can show through on lighter fabrics.
5. Seams in the backing fabric should have the selvages removed and be pressed down flat.
Keep in Mind...
- I will do my best to blend tucks, puckers and stretched areas.
- Please identify top of quilt if necessary.
- Let me know if it will it be okay to quilt on your applique or embroidery.
- Let me know if you want me to centre the quilt top to seams in backing fabric, if applicable.
- We top stitch t-shirt memory quilts on a case by case basis.